~ "C"
I've dealt with subjects on eyeglasses for so many times now, here and in my other blogs. I thought I'd mention them again because as I was browsing online, I landed at this optiboard with opticians discussing the increasing demand for a PD from customers.

What is PD?

It stands for Pupillary Distance -- the distance between pupils of the eyes, center to center, in Millimeters. This measurement is necessary for proper eyeglass fitment.

With the advent of online stores like Zenni's that offer high quality spectacles for really low prices, opticians are in a quandary as to whether they will supply the PD to the patients/customers and tolerate online eyeglass purchases or deny them of this salient information in an effort to stick to ethics in their practice.

I am in stumped myself because I will purchase an eyeglass online if I am in dire need of it and funds are low.

We are in this point when we have to make a lot of adjustments to our lifestyle, even to our health practices, in order to penny-pinch in this dwindling economic situation.

To me, as long as it works for us, the end will justify the means. We must be allowed to acquire our eyeglasses from any reputable store, be it online or not, at our own volition. We must be granted the information we need, such as the much required PD. Maybe for a minimal fee. Just as we cannot be denied treatment for any health issue (optical concerns included), we also cannot be denied of diagnostics as well. Especially those as basic as measurements. Opticians should "look" into that.


Bookmark and Share






Share
|
0 Responses

Post a Comment