~ "C"
I'm watching Dr. Oz while waiting for the hubs to come home. And blog while doing so, of course. How many among you watch Dr. Oz? I am slowly getting enamored to the doc. Aside from professional showmanship (and the bonus gift of gab), plus providing really useful health information, he exhibits compassion to the audience/patients. Like he is really in the moment, listening to health woes, and showing genuine concern. And with a charming face and personality to boot (I just get bothered by the ears, sorry!).

I wish all doctors are like that. I wish my health care provider was like him! I wish all health care providers were like him and I mean being after your own welfare and making sure that you get the best service that you deserve. That includes being able to afford what is necessary for you health, body and life.

Take eyeglasses for instance. We can now purchase our own eyeglasses online such as Zenni: the #1 online eyeglasses store, all we need is the PD information which is a necessary measurement in perfect eyeglass fitment. It is the distance between the pupils of your eyes, center to center, in millimeters. Sadly though, most of the time, Opticians don't want give you PD data. Your hands are tied and you cannot buy less expensive (read: more affordable during the economic cruch) quality eyeglasses on your own. Opticians keep you away from ZenniOpt. And so now you are obliged to get the less affordable ones, and hurt.

What happens when finances are really tight and you need to count every penny? Whatever happened to compassion?

I wish opticians are like Dr.Oz.



Bookmark and Share

Share
|
0 Responses

Post a Comment