~ "C"
I came from the the 8th Annual Mini Cooper of SF Rally, a benefit to raise funds for the widows and orphans of slain CHPs. This is my 5th one with them and I'm so proud!

Another special reason why today is such a special day is because my stepdaughter was finally able to join us. The scheduling was perfect. She's in town for a graduation party of her godbrother, and the rally was set on the same weekend.

We rode in a Mini going to Santa Cruz boardwalk...and after a series of missed and wrong turns, misleading a bunch of other convoying Minis that followed us, we made it to the beach and enjoyed the boardwalk amusements. I was also finally able to try the much-anticipated chocolate-covered bacon. Sad to say, I was a little disappointed as there was so much chocolate that it drowned the bacon flavor almost completely. It was just like rice crispy chocolates that's a little bit on the savory side.

As usual, we took a lot of pictures. We really enjoyed it because my stepdaughter and I have been lusting for Mini Coopers for a while now. But we're not putting too much pressure on the hubs. Besides, I drive an old BMer that still runs like a champ....and steppie's about to receive her first car from us (and her other set of parents) for her graduation. We have a spare Honda Civic at home too, but it needs work on the head gasket. We found a good deal on a used Saturn and that's what we're giving to steppie as a graduation present starter car. So hush, hush....she doesn't know yet (and I hope she doesn't read this). The Saturn still looks good. Being a used car, I worry that there will be some issues that might be a headache for our beginning driver once in a while, but the hubs is inspecting everything...if ever, it will be nothing that Los Angeles Auto Repair cannot fix.

I am still feeling the heat of the day on my body despite a cold shower. And I'm about to fall asleep. That's all for today.

Til tomorrow!



Bookmark and Share

Share
|
0 Responses

Post a Comment