~ "C"
 The recent earthquake in Japan has really brought about an onslaught of global paranoia.  We have every reason to fear since the threat of a looming nuclear meltdown seems imminent, and will surely bring about a chain reaction of chaos all over the world, every corner where a living thing thrives on air and water, forget about the non-basics.

Yesterday, the hubs got a little upset that I am so gung-ho at completing our go-bags should the need to evacuate arise. He's scared, and will avoid and change the topic every chance he gets.  I'm scared, but I will confront it every chance I get.  At least I can tell myself that I prepared somehow, no matter how unpredictable things might get.  

It is scary.  But as the domestic household engineer aka Wonder Wifey, I feel that I have the responsibility and that it is upon me to put things in order, situate our plans for whatever the future holds.  But we sure hope that this future is bright and shiny, just exactly what we dream of.  Yet, it is good to be secure and ready just in case the rug gets pulled under our feet. 

For instance, the Wonder Wifey Hit List consist of the following:
1. A fat bank account aka Savings for the rainy day
2. Home Mortgage Refinance
3. Strong Investment Portfolio
4. bankers life and casualty (I'm looking at this bankers life casualty company for more information)
5. A second property (in our hometown, most likely)
6.  Retirement security

It's all about the future, while of course, not forgetting that we have a life to live at the present moment.  This might be our only gift.

But then again, it will be great to be able to dream.  And hope things get better all over the world, so we can all live to see our future, a disaster-free (and debt-free?) future that we know we will be able to partially plan for today.


Let's all hope for the best...and NEVER expect the worst. 





..
|
1 Response
  1. Anonymous Says:

    This is also one of the reasons why I don't want to reside in California---the earthquake belt is there.
    It's really depressing that a powerful nation is devastated by the might and strength of Mother Nature. This is just so much. That's why it 's better to be prepared not only for our safety, but for eternity.


Post a Comment