~ "C"
My parents are arriving tonight. I can't wait. I still have a few errands to run before hitting the airport. A last minute stop at the grocery to fill up my kitchen basket of everyday cooking basics a.k.a. onion, garlic and tomatoes (because my mom will surely inspect my pantry and check if keep my stocks low -- and boy I do!!!). Then I need to pick up pre-made soup to warm up when we get home from the airport. My sister is picking up the gourmet sandwiches so that's something off my list already. I'll just throw in a bunch of chips and that will be a light late night dinner while we catch up on so much. It's been two years since I last hugged them, can you believe it?

I also need to do some last minute dusting at home. I've done pretty much everything to make the house look spic-and-span at a macro level, but one can still zoom in to some dust that has piled up through time on hard-to-reach areas like higher wall shelves. My bathrooms are sanitized and squeaky clean, and their room for the next month and a half...just a little shy of a 5-star hotel accommodation, with a welcome tray of bottled water, crackers, and face towels on the bed (no chocolates, they are diabetic!). And oh, flowers! I need flowers! (But that's my last priority given the remaining time I have). Why am I so worked up about this? It's the first time that they are visiting us in our new house, which is not so new anymore since we've moved in 2008.

I have the sight-seeing itinerary ready too, like some wine-tasting in Napa Valley, and visiting the 17-mile drive in Carmel. We just need to finalize on some plans. My dad wants to go to Vegas for a few nights. We are having a little trouble with setting the date because other family and friends want to tag along and we like that! Hopefully the 23rd will work well. It's my parents wedding anniversary on that day!

I would like to take them everywhere if you ask me. Some family from San Diego is also inviting us over. My cousin loves to go sailing in San Diego and he is suggesting many activities too like whale watching (which my dad and the hubs will surely enjoy), and Dinner Cruises (which my mom and I will have a blast doing together). I've been to a San Diego Cruise Wedding once before and I've seen how these San Diego Weddings rock. Even my friend came home from a Company Cruise San Diego with fond memories. So, we're seriously considering making a trek to visit some family there too, and give in to some whale watching. After all, my last visit there was back in '92, and I guess it's time to reconnect with family and see new sights.

My parents are still airborne as I write this. I'm praying hard for a smooth and safe flight.







Bookmark and Share
|
0 Responses

Post a Comment