~ "C"
We are having a grand family reunion on April 17th. I just received the emailed itinerary for the whole week surrounding that big day. The schedule is packed with activities and dinners hosted in different homes. I honestly don't know how I can pull off a Monday night dinner hosting at our house -- with a busy weekend preceeding that, and while having to work that same day and arriving home approximately 2 1/2 hours before guests arrive!!!

Here are my thoughts:

APPETIZERS

  • Assorted Cheeses, Fruits and crackers
  • Salami and Pâté de foie gras
  • Ciabatta Bread and olive oil-balsamic vinegar dip
  • Nachos and Jalapeño dip from Costco (for the kids)
MAIN
  • Caesar Salad (my cousin's homemade dressing is the bomb! She promised to make it for me)
  • Baked Salmon (I have a special signature recipe for it, my "staple siggie dish" when people request me to bring something! I'll share the photo and the recipe in a separate post -- maybe take a picture of the dish at my dinner party, that is, if I'm not too tired to remember!)
  • Grilled Tri-tip (hubby's turf)
  • Buffalo Wings with a choice of Ranch or Blue Cheese Dip (I am this close to buying the bags from Costco, the lime-flavored ones taste fancy enough!)
  • Penne Pasta with Pesto Sauce (valuable tip: you can boil the pasta the night before, as long as you drizzle enough olive oil to coat them and prevent them from sticking together. Leave on a tray and cover with foil). Just add the sauce on the day of the party.
  • Rice (because we can't live without it)
DESSERT
  • Vanilla Ice Cream, Wafer and Chocolate syrup, with choice of 2 liqueurs: Amaretto or Cointreau
  • Cookies (to match the Ice Cream) -- for the kids
BEVERAGE:
  • Soda
  • Pellegrino Sparkling Water/Trader Joe's Flavored Mineral Water
  • Red Wine and Beer
There you go, folks! I quick doable dinner banquet! I have mentally rehearsed the preparation in my mind, like I always do everytime we throw one of those pressed-for-time-dinners. I'm excited, and just worried about the space. It's going to be one of the biggest ones we've thrown so far, in terms of number of guests. We're thinking 40 people (that includes the kids). Big enough to require restaurant supply , isn't it? I do wish I have some kind of Commercial Kitchen Equipment to make things easier. Maybe one day, when we get a bigger kitchen to accommodate it.

I'll be posting party pictures!





Bookmark and Share
|
0 Responses

Post a Comment