~ "C"
I was surfing for a nice lamp for my new "office" (the old wifey cave) just because I feel the need to improve it following the proud possession of an official piece of paper a.k.a. business license. I want to maintain the beach-zen feel to it, but with a lot of pieces to inspire art and creativity this time since I need that when I do my creative work like my children's book illustrations and other works of art. I'm also into ephemera and multi-media collages these days (not the computer-aided scrapbooking graphics kind, thank you very much), I'm talking about downright get-your-hands-dirty-with-acrylic-and-glue-please-just-don't-mess-up-the-carpet kind of work. I get in the mood with proper lighting, drama and music -- throw in a little relaxing scent (unfortunately my sensitive nose can't handle incense -- though I wish!), and other inspiring visuals. So I need some good lamps to set the mood, some frames and TV....NOT! I hate anything that makes noise when I'm doing something, and I don't care if my favorite show Criminal Minds is on. Just don't bother me when my creative juices are oozing, and please keep the noise down.

Here's my pick:
Oh, what a beauty. a real Wonder Wifey Drool Alert. They are called Himalayan Salt Lamps. They are made from Natural Salt Crystal created by nature million of years ago and hundreds of meters underground from foothills of the Himalayan, Pakistan which has the largest salt deposits in the world. Salt crystal naturally provides the powerful negative ions ("vitamins of the air") essential for our health and well being. If you're wondering, these negative ions that improve the quality of air can be found in billions, on mountaintops, water falls, countryside and by the sea and they give the air invigorating freshness. By the way, these lamps are illuminated from inside, they are warm and emit a higher number of the much needed ions therby reducing a myriad of indoor air pollutants. causing sinus, migraine headaches, allergies and hay fever, asthma attacks. They are also known to enhance the immune system, increase alertness, increase work productivity and concentration, increase lung capacity and reduce susceptibility to colds and flu. Exactly what I need in my cave.

There you go. That's the Wonder Wifey lusted item of the month.






Bookmark and Share
|
1 Response
  1. Rose world Says:

    I heard about the benefits of this salt lamp. My parents even bought one at their home, a real big stone! Supposed to emit negative ions in the air...


Post a Comment