~ "C"
Here's what I made tonight! A super easy pasta dinner with an asian touch! Will share my exact recipe tomorrow because I hate typing on my phone!

----

Addition:

05.13.13 Happy Friday the 13th!  It's a lucky day!

And yeah, I'm back to tell you how I made this dish.  So in a past post I shared a recipe for Teriyaki Salmon Pasta. But truth be told, I'm always stubborn to follow recipes especially if I have existing ingredients (mostly leftovers) that I don't want to go to waste.

The original recipe called for stuff, which I am crossing out to replace what exactly transpired in my kitch:
1 package of smoked salmon
1/4 cup brown sugar 1/2 tsp butter
2 Tbsp olive oil
1/4 cup lite soy sauce 1/2 cup YOSHIDA Teriyaki Sauce (1/2 = to make up for 1/4 sugar, 1/4 soy sauce I guess, duh)
1/3 cup water pasta water
1 package rainbow rotini Thin spaghetti coz that's what I have in my pantry
1 Tbsp flour
2 cups snap peas  Leftover peas and carrots from the previous dinner


To cut to the chase...

Marinate salmon pieces on Yoshida sauce.
Grill salmon (I use my George Foreman)

Boil water with a drizzle olive oil and salt.
Cook pasta as directed.
Save about 2 cups of pasta water (you won't use it all but..y'know)



Separately,
Warm pan.
Drizzle olive oil (three O's on the pan)
Melt butter in olive oil.
Add the peas and carrots.
Add the teriyaki sauce.
Add pasta water.
Mix.
Add the flour.
Stir.
Drizzle a little more teriyaki - pasta water *eyeball it*
Set aside a cup of it.

Mix the pasta on the pan with the sauce.

Serve on a plate.

Top pasta with the Salmon.

Drizzle spare sauce (the one I asked you to set aside) on top of salmon and pasta.

ENJOY!

PS. 
Bonus tips:
Teriyaki sauce marries pasta well.  This asian fusion concoction is a winner!
Broccoli will rock too!
And grilled shrimps.  (too bad the hubs is allergic to it)
1 Response
  1. Rose world Says:

    Yummy!!! I like how you utilise your leftover food. Good job.


Post a Comment