~ "C"
I know, sounds conflicting, doesn't it? But that's how we roll.  I'm all set to bake a really healthy eggless cake recipe for our Mother's Day celebration tomorrow.  We are going over to my sister's with the rest of the happy and rowdy bunch of cuzzos.  Like we didn't see each other at Cinco De Mayo!  We just did!  And we had a great meal, and a margarita too many!

Well, back to the cake.  Everyone has been requesting for this healthy option so they can indulge without worrying about cholesterol levels and the like. You might think how a cake can go eggless, or if that is even possible but trust me, it is!  You don't need eggs for a cake to rise, or any baked goods for that matter. I'm actually thinking of replacing the sugar with something like Splenda for baking sugar substitute so even those watching their glycemic levels won't have to care as well. (I'm talking as if we didn't have Tres Leches on Thursday night too)...Haha.

We try whenever we can to go healthy by cooking, choosing and replacing ingredients with healthier options.  But I guess that is to balance the sinful dishes we treat ourselves too, especially on a lazy Saturday morning.  Upon waking up, I made a big breakfast of bacon, two eggs each, turkey breakfast sausages, biscuits and gravy.  I know, an eggless cake recipe seems defenseless in this battle of calories.  But I vow to keep the hub-hub's tummy happy at least once a week. 

Because a happy tummy means a happy hubby.

I wish I can throw in the "healthy" into the picture soon.  I will!




Bookmark and Share

Share
|
0 Responses

Post a Comment