~ "C"
My friend called me yesterday asking about how to remove hard water stains.  Boy I hate hate hate hard water.  But thank God, the area we live in now doesn’t have hard water.  I used to dread having to pry off hard water stains in our previous residence.  But here’s my idiot-proof way to do it.

First,  don’t forget to put gloves on!  But no, hard water is not deadly nor dirty, but you don’t want to be touching chemicals.  And yes, even if I use only vinegar and all things natural and earth-healthy, I still hate touching hard water scum especially if they’ve accumulated into fossil-like gunk.  Yuck!

But of course, you don’t want to wait for fossilized build up! 

The key ingredient?  Like I’ve said: VINEGAR! Most hard water stains will yield to scrubbing with white vinegar and a non-scratch pad.  The odor can be a little arresting but hey, it’s just vinegar.  At least it’s not some hazardous chemical making its way to your lungs.

You can make a paste out of vinegar, baking soda and lemon juice.  I’m not sure how many parts of which, normally I just wing it.  Equal parts?  That’s a safe thing to do. Put it to work with paint scrapers, razors or a non-scratch pad for sensitive surfaces. Well, chlorine bleach and other commercial cleaners are also effective as real problematic, general cleaning, once-in-a-blue-moon gunk buster.  But isn’t it time to use something that it earth-friendly if you will use it regularly for maintenance purposes?  I’d rather introduce vinegar back into our water systems than anything else.  Especially if I know that down the road, it would be introduced back to me as drinking water, with the earth’s natural cycle of evaporation and precipitation

Or better yet, some people simply straight up prevent it with the use of softeners like reverse osmosis water filter austin.  It makes sense to me.  It will make shampooing and rinsing a more pleasurable experience too.
|
0 Responses

Post a Comment