~ "C"
Last night...

Well, not quite.

It really bummed me out to find out that my favorite masseuse can only work on weekends now.  I know most of you will prefer getting your massages on weekends but I don't. I like to book mine in the middle of a work week and thus "shocking" my workaholic body with an hour or two of sudden complete relaxation, LOL! I do. Plus, I try to free up my weekends from anything if I can help it basically to be able to do things that are really just doable on weekends (like sleep in, first and foremost). And so I got my monthly massage last night sans Meri, my favorite masseuse and the awesome energy works and chakra thingamajigs she performs on me.  
It's my first time being on the table with "K" and I was completely stressed out trying to tell her what to do!  At every point, I felt like screaming for her to put more pressure or press harder because frankly, her hands felt like she was just spreading mayonnaise on a sandwich, maybe you even press harder with butter on toast!  I thought maybe if I imagined myself on the beach with someone spreading suntan lotion gently on my back, I could relax...because that was exactly how soft the pressure was.  I wanted medium at least and I was certain I didn't forget to request for it. Instead of dozing off with relaxation evidenced by intense solar plexus pulsations, I was stressed out. Oh well...never again. Before I left, I made sure to book me a 2-hr appointment with Meri even if it falls on a Saturday next month.
But after that, I had a little mission accomplished and I felt triumphant!  I went back to our gym to verify if my membership was still active (and as expected, it is, because the hubs hasn't been amiss with renewals even through all these sedentary years!) That's what I like about my favorite cluster at the South Shore, it's like a one-stop shop for my needs.  Across the massage place is the art gallery I frequent (and I'm hoping to do a show with one day), and down the alley is the gym -- which I used to frequent, then neglected but have not forgotten.  They updated my file at the gym and fingerprinted me so I can come in ID-less next time.  I think that is an enticing high-tech enough prospect to lure me back. I'm glad to be welcomed back even by the non-familiar faces anymore.  I hope this attempt to burn fat once more and be healthy will also bring new friends to my circle.  I could use a little chat with strangers once in a while, do you enjoy that too?




|
0 Responses

Post a Comment