~ "C"
 I'm so excited about so many promising things that are going on in my life right now, especially pertaining to my  artwork.  My good friend wants to push my coffee designs to a huge coffee retailer here for some of its merchandise.  I'm scared but she said if it doesn't work, we can always go for the competitor....and target everyone in our hit list until someone shares her vision.  I'm okay with that.  I just produce the art, and I'll let her worry about the rest. Teehee!  I'm not after the money anyway. Well, of course, that is a bonus.  But I just want to bring joy to those who get entertained looking at my style of art.

Another thing why I'm always joyous and proud when I talk about art is because this craft is what connects me to my father who, to me, is the better artist.  I am not very confident with my skill (and talent?) yet but I do know that I have something to offer. And what I have to offer roots from the genes I inherited from my dad.  Like I always say, our art is like the invisible thread that ties our hearts together.  Forever!

So what do I want to give him to honor him this coming Father's Day?  Why am I so excited about it?  I plan to send him a work of art, just like what I did for my mom on Mother's Day.  But aside from that, I will make sure to give him another token that he can surely use-- one of those really cool Military Watches!  My dad is a watch collector....name brand, vintage, fashion pieces, you name it.  To him, it's not just about the price, but the fashion statement as well.  Omega and Oakleys are two of his favorites, but he doesn't stop there.  As long as it matches his entire outfit, he'll go for it.  Yeah, he's vain that way.  He was a commercial model in the past, and is certainly conscious of looking put together when he goes out.  Well, that's my dad.  Not irritatingly vain, but respectably well-groomed.  And I support it.  Especially since he's 74 and still looks 50.  Teehee!

I love my dad. 


.
|
1 Response
  1. Toni Rose Says:

    hey clarisse :)

    i love your lay out!


Post a Comment