~ "C"
I'm really not one to uber-lust for material stuff but just consider me lucky because Wonder Hubby spoils me.  Throw in the fact that my shoe size is up there in the size spectrum...and so I always manage to snag a great deal (a steal in every sense!) on a last pair of good quality shoes.  I particularly like high-heeled platform shoes that look so stylish, especially those peep-toe ones (ooh lala!), a stride so comfortable they might as well have been runners, with the insides feeling like butter, so comfortable leaving my tootsies and me happy, even with mile upon mile of walking.  Despite my "Imeldific" tendencies(go figure), with about a...uhm...let's not go down to the numbers, I am not up there in the level of Choos and Blahniks.  How I wish? No, I don't.  This I can tell you, based on experience with attending those social functions...for me, Guess shoes are practical, and engineered brilliantly.  They can be high, but they won't leave you blistered and limping.  Same goes with BCBG shoes, you can take them dancing, and running, without realizing that they aren't tennis shoes, LOL. The third in my book are Steve Madden's although the designs and style overtake comfort by a few notches.  It's still a hit and miss for me.  My principle? I would much rather prefer a 50/50 ratio of style and comfort, for a good deal.  And don't mind the sizes, it's just a number. What matters is the fit.

I can go on and on about shoes but perhaps I can save that for a separate post.  Especially since I've always been asked my friends and family about how to pick the right pair in terms of cost, style, sizing and "walkability".  So dolls, I will "walk" you through this one day too. 

Plus choosing purses.  I only have one philosophy...don't have a closetful!  I mean, I know it's cute to match all the time, but if you want to exude elegance and class, you only have to invest in a few "good" ones that you can use over and over.  I am a Chanelophile in every sense... But you don't have to be...But I just want to remind you, hold off on plenty without quality.  My personal principle is "save the money, and go for quality", than keep splurging a few bucks all year here and there for something that won't last or hold value. But it's just my own two cents.  Maybe yours is different.  Well, I'll talk more about it in a separate post again one day.

I found myself writing about shoes and purses because the hubs just commented about it, "My wife's a "shoe head...a bag head....and now, a car-head?" 

(me and my baby, taken 2008)

He was just kidding.  This grey 325 broke down and so I had the privilege of driving the Wonder Hubby's black beauty for a couple of weeks, while Kobe (my grey 325) was undergoing some minor car repair.

He's been wanting me to drive Black Beauty (300 ZHP) but I kept holding back because I hate driving stick shifts.  After "bonding" with it, I almost didn't want to return it to him.  Shifting gears, the speed, the sound it makes, the TORQUE,  it gives you a good feeling, hahaha.  Ha, "torque", I think that's what triggered his comment.  When I said "torque", as if I know it like the back of my hand, as I do Coco Chanel's lambskin, caviar and double-flap engineering.  Teehee!

For the record, I am not a "car-head", if there is such a word.  But I understand more car lingo now being married to the real "car-head" himself....the mayor of car town.  Dinner is always a time for sharing stories of car problems and trouble-shooting them, and getting repair estimates even from websites (huh, I'm an expert with them now!), and even introduced me to a world consisting of valve adjustments, compressors, filters, differential fluids, coolants, ignition and rotor, intake manifold gaskets, steering rack, fuel injectors, axle/half shaft, pumps, radiator, spark plugs, suspensions, tie rod ends, catalytic converter replacements, car makes, years and models.....HA! This makes me the vice mayor of car town, teehee!

But honestly? I still can't be a "car-head".  I'm not picky. To me, a car is a car is a car.  My car principle? As long as I'm safe, and as long as I can GAS n GO, no matter what it is, I'll go for it.

Bookmark and Share

Share

|
1 Response
  1. Anonymous Says:

    Me too....not a closetful but just enough.
    Nice ride you've got there.


Post a Comment