~ "C"
Stumbling upon this website called GoldeNet Australia where I drowned in so much adorable jewelry pieces and gemstones in a variety of elegant cuts and styles made my thoughts drift to the....

*drumroll*

THE ROYAL WEDDING!

Are you waiting for it too?

In my own little corner of the world, the live telecast is airing on April 29, which I believe, starts at 2am California time.  Tell me, how will I pull that off?  I seriously want to watch it but I don't think I can handle the loss of sleep, knowing that I have to work that morning.  I'll see. 

I remember the first one I witnessed: Prince Charles and Princess Diana's when I was young.  I remember it very clearly, watching it with my grandmother, my parents, and my sisters (or sister? I'm not sure if the youngest was even born yet), and I remember opening a round candy can that had the Royal Wedding's label on the lid.  I think it was an original UK-sourced souvenir that an uncle gave us.  We ate some candy while watching, as if we were partaking in the wedding banquet.  It was cheesy, but symbolic.  It was something a beautiful memory is supposed to be.

And do you remember that mother of all engagement rings which now belongs to Kate? Lucky lassy! I remember it very vividly in my mind and even way before Prince William's proposal and the whole wedding plans, I really have been on the lookout for a similar style. 

Maybe for my right finger.  Because, my left ring finger, of course, belongs to the beautiful diamond ring my own prince gave me when he proposed, together with another band that he put on me on our own wedding day!

Beats royalty, I must say! 





Bookmark and Share

Share
|
0 Responses

Post a Comment