~ "C"
It's a special occasion for me not because of the real reason behind the celebration but because it's an anniversary for me. An anniversary of finally starting a life together with the hubs -- physically together. It's not our wedding date, hahaha. That day some years ago (I don't really like divulging details on the internet), I was aboard the plane to America. Certainly not my first time. But it's that one life-changing trip because I knew it wasn't just a vacation or a holiday. I was going to start a new life, where the word "home" was going to start to have two meanings: "Back home" and "where I was going to live anew". Two "homes". Both places where my heart is. Crazy, I know. But I'm sure a lot of migrant people can relate.

My plane was landing exactly when America was lighting her fireworks. She was celebrating my arrival! Cheers! I chose this date. Hubby and I did. It just added more reason to celebrate.

I can't believe it has been this long. Do I celebrate each year? Part of me still doesn't give a hoot for the real reason of 4th of July except for fireworks, picnic and barbecue. I'm still for the most part, belonging to my old home. Can't teach an old dog new tricks, especially what consists of the soul part. But yes, I do celebrate because it reminds me of a big milestone. It's the official day I became independent in the real sense of the word, being in charge of myself and building my own family with my husband, and with no one else to turn to. First time I've ever felt so grown-up coming from a very sheltered upbringing.

I wouldn't change a thing.

Celebrate with me. And yes you may send me a Rose. Orange Roses make me happy. Add some champagne...and light some fireworks for me.


Bookmark and Share

Share
|
0 Responses

Post a Comment