~ "C"
Made "Suppli" for my sister's surprise party last weekend. These are Risotto Balls....


Risotto before the finished product:
SUPPLI" is the very first snack I ate when we went to Rome in '06. After getting out of the airport, we went to a trattoria by the train station and had this. I fell in love with it (like I wanted to marry it -- yeah I get that with food) and ate different kinds everyday. I had to learn how to make it!! Here's my assembly line, uhm, circle...


So easy and simple to make yet time consuming...Best when eaten hot. It's sometimes called "Suppli al telefono" because the mozarella inside stretches in a string when you bite into it (like a telephone cord, oh Italians!). It just isn't the same in room temperature. But well, phones are wireless nowadays anyway.









Bookmark and Share

Share
|
0 Responses

Post a Comment