~ "C"
I like it that I'm now able to post somewhat regularly compared to the past weeks. My life the past weeks had been a circus -- a happy one! I can't believe my mom and dad are leaving in ten days after a month and a half of vacation here in the US with us. It's so sad. And time flies so fast. For the first time in my life, I don't look forward to the week rolling into weekends. Because that only means we're being pulled closer to their departure date for PI. It has been pure bliss, truly worth missing all the writing opportunities/side jobs I had to let go of (down goes the earnings harharhar, and down goes the advertiser ratings with it *boink*). I'll survive. Oh, I'm grooming another blog. I inherited it from my sister who sort of dropped it like a hot potato (or manna from heaven, at least that's how I see it), when she decided to put up two new ones. I bought the domain for her last year. So now I'm taking over, and aging it...grooming it for future monetization. If I have the time at all. Coming soon...Though I don't think it's worth mentioning the link.

That's the same sister who did a shout out, butting in my Facebook comment-conversation ("comment-sation"???) with a cousin while we were talking about "my all-around magic sauce" for marinating, sautéing, grilling and barbecuing. My sister asked, "Are you guys talking about Yoshida sauce"? How did she guess?

Apparently, I sent her a bottle a long time ago too and I don't even remember it. I even sent a bottle to her parents-in-law!!! I won't be surprised if their neighbors and their neighbors' cousin's bestfriend's co-worker's boyfriend got a hold of one from me too.


Now, my figure might be channeling Mr. Yoshida's humongous industrial jar but do I really look like I'm Mrs. Yoshida now? Like it's written all over my forehead promoting it to every one I see on the streets? To every zealous wifey?

In that case, shouldn't I be paid for this fanatical product endorsement now? Huh??? *just kidding*

But if you're curious, let me share this with you. Stock up on the Yoshida Teriyaki sauce (the regular traditional formula is fine) and you'll suddenly be Mayor of Awesometown. You can use it for marinating your meats (chicken, pork, beef or even fish!) before grilling, baking or barbecuing. It's a bombshell honest-to-goodness all-around sauce (though I draw the line on shampooing my hair with it LOL).

Here's my version of the Hotshot's Kamikaze Burger for your salivating pleasure, grilled to perfection by the hubs -- zee one and only:
  • Marinate burger patties in Yoshida sauce (make sure both sides are well-coated) for about half an hour at least.
  • Caramelize some onions (Vidalia is preferred), season with salt and pepper, set aside.
  • In the same pan where you caramelized the onions, saute some sliced mushrooms until they're soft, drizzle with a little Yoshida sauce, set aside.
  • Flame grill the burger patties (cook it the way you want it done-- medium rare/ or medium well for me are the best), top with a slice of cheddar cheese and let it melt on top of the pattie for a short while until it hugs it.
  • Slather a little bit of "Wasabi Mayonnaise" inside both sides of your bun (it has to be Wasabi Mayonnaise, nothing else -- you'll find it at Trader Joe's or anywhere if you have a good eye), put the burger in (with the cheese sticking to it), add a spoonful of caramelized onions, and then a spoonful of sauteed mushrooms on top, spread them a little before closing the bun.
  • Enjoy your sandwich! (lettuce and tomatoes are optional)
And here are the major stuff you'll ever need to be Mayor of Awesometown (links are provided for convenient ordering):



OR

And this too, if you're a health-buff (though I prefer flame-grilled):



Or this, if you feel like splurging:


Next Yoshida Adventure: My Lion King-style Baked Salmon. Coming soon...

Meanwhile, have a blast (in Awesometown)!





Bookmark and Share
Share
2 Responses
  1. bingkee Says:

    Though I'm not fond of burgers, but I love it for outdoor picnics....especially my husband who absolutely loves burgers. This is great....thanks for sharing . I will let him read this and maybe he will learn something...sorry I am not the one grilling. I just flipped and flapped the patties for fun.


  2. ~ "C" Says:

    Thanks for the visit, bingkee! My hubs also grills it, I just prepare everything. He likes to flip just once, I find it too rare. I like twice-flipped!


Post a Comment