~ "C"
When do you say enough is enough?

Where did we see that? The movie "The Mexican"?

And the answer? I forgot. I'm bad with movie endings. But when you're married....isn't the answer supposed to be NEVER? Always never? Because if not, then what are the vows for...The for "better or for worse, for richer or for poorer, in sickness and in health" that is present in every ceremony.

I'm writing about this not because my marriage is on the rocks. In fact, it still rocks!!! We just celebrated our 6th year together last weekend and it's amazing how hubby and I are still in the honeymoon phase that hopefully will never end. *knock on wood* I think it's because we are friends first above all things. And buddies in everything. Buddies, and partners in crime, hahaha.

But I don't take it against those whose marriage has fallen apart, or those whose bond is currently collapsing underneath themselves and they are now clawing for help, if not against each other. I am not perfect, and my marriage isn't either so I am far from being the expert. But what I can say are 5 simple things:

1. Put humor into your life together. When a couple laughs together, it is like you are building a sturdy wall that will protect you from the storm.

2. Make good memories together to anchor you through rough seas. Make these memories remind you of why you got together in the first place, and how these reasons will also pull you through any day.

3. If there is a slight UNCERTAINTY before you tie the knot, by all means...DO NOT PURSUE IT (OR AT LEAST NOT YET...UNTIL YOU'VE THRESHED OUT ALL THE KINKS IN YOUR HEART AND EVERYTHING SITS WELL IN YOUR SCHEME OF THIGNS). It's better to back out from a relationship that is not cemented and sealed with a vow, otherwise...the vows will be nothing but mere sugar-coated lies that will blow up on your face one day.

4. Communicate.

5. Get help.

I'm sharing these with you not only for you to learn from but to remind me one day of my own song, if a time will come that I will forget the lyrics.

----
And yes! This was supposed to be a paid post, but it said it was Cancelled because it was Past due! I think I was only 5 minutes late. But it's okay. I wanted to share these with you anyway.

Keep luv-luvin'...
|
4 Responses
  1. Cindy Says:

    It's amazing the amount of couples that get married to fix things. I definitely agree that unless you're 300% sure, you shouldn't go through with it. I backed out of a marriage after six years with someone... I have NEVER regretted it. Everything was okay and fine... but it felt "vanilla".... and I don't know about you, but I want my life to be AWESOME, and not just so-so. I've been on my own for about four years now and I'm happy and peaceful and waiting patiently till Mr. Awesome stops by to sweep me off my feet. Teee heeee! ;-p


  2. ~ "C" Says:

    Thanks for sharing, Cindy! I backed out from one too. I think I was "engaged" for two weeks but those two weeks were the hardest because I tried my best to let it sit well in my heart and mind and it just never did. Marriage is a commitment for life and I couldn't see myself committing to the guy for life. A temporary relationship, maybe. But a lifetime commitment, certainly not. It's not being selfish but at some point, we only know so much. We only realize things in the face of the possibility of it really coming -- the engagement I mean. When I faced it by getting engaged, that's when reality set in. So I followed my heart and broke it off. It wasn't the most beautiful thing to do, but I had to do it. I'm married to a different man now and I have no regrets.


  3. Reviewer11 Says:

    Yes excellent advice especially number 3. Plus respect too. If couples aren't 100% sure, then they should not get married. It's best to rethink it than to regret it.


  4. ~ "C" Says:

    Thank you, R11! That's a veru good additional tip. How did I forget that! R-E-S-P-E-C-T!!! Thank you!!!


Post a Comment