~ "C"
Eureka!

I was finally able to make the upper right hand menu work with those sticky notes!!! It wasn't so difficult after all. I just needed to pay close attention to directions, which I usually have a tendency to overlook.

I'm satisfied with how it looks now.

Before I get side-tracked with all these bouncing thoughts and ideas in my head again (you don't know what I always have to put up with!), let me thank Author: Falcon Hive/Designer: Templatelite for making this template available for everyone. I am, of course, only one of the 13,310 people who has viewed it so far, the 31st person to put a comment on the link and OGK (Only God Knows) the umpteenth person to apply it to her site. If you feel that the same design will work for you, please be my guest! It's a free world! And if you encounter some kinks in the process like I did, I'll be happy, as long as it's within my powers, to lend a helping hand. I was able to make things work with a few tweaks and over a bowl of sugar-free cereal.

In a nutshell:
1. Download template
2. Save to a directory on your computer (anywhere's fine, but the Desktop always works for me since it's easy to find)
3. Unzip or extract files. Save again.
4. Open the file you saved in #3 and if your computer cannot crack XML and other jargon, try to use "Open with" -- Notepad always works for me.
5. Select All (and I mean everything on the notepad file you opened).
6. Copy.
7. Go to Edit Template.
8. Select All (and I mean everything there!)
9. PASTE. Since you selected all in #8, that means you'll write over everything with the new one you took from Notepad.
10. Save and you're good to go.

Why am I doing a blow-by-blow account of setting up this site? I'm not exactly a newbie in monetized blogging, but it's my first time to have my own domain and I have set my sights on pursuing other prolific online endeavors. I also have a cousin who would like to follow suit and I'd like to be there for her every step of the way.

If you're interested, follow me. I mean, don't stalk me in the grocery store as I reflect on which toilet paper works best. Just come back here once in a while. I'd be happy to walk you through the process the same way other bloggers have done for me. I'm building this site from virtually nothing so I'll do it by chronicling my progress here, in a lay person's point of view and from someone whose CSS and HTML skills are quite rusty from way back when, in between thoughts on homelife, food, travel and other things.

Next time, I'll work on filling up the spaces with interesting things (and links). Oops, I've said that already. And a tagboard. That's basic. Everyone needs a tagboard! Where will I get a frala-la-la-shmalooting tagboard.

Hopefully, this will be the ground zero from which information for online-earners and zealous homemakers radiate.


Bookmark and Share
1 Response
  1. Anonymous Says:

    hi clarisse! i am going to add your domain to all my sites. i hope it's ok with you and you will do the same, too. have a wonderful day and take care always...


Post a Comment