~ "C"
STUPID.

That is one word I use sparingly. In fact, I don't like using it at all. But I think it's the most appropriate description for myself right now.

I think I reinfected myself with strep throat.

Déjà vu of all time!

I didn't see it coming too. I was happy and healthy and bouncing off the walls, glad that all those tonsillitis pain is over. NOT!

Yesterday, it hit me again. First, it was extremely painful everytime I swallowed, then by noon, I was flaming hot!

By midnight, I developed a coughing spell that was on a loop -- it just couldn't find it's way to the end.

AND I JUST FAITHFULLY FINISHED MY FLIPPING ANTIBIOTICS!!!

Anyway, I just read that "a common cause of reinfection, believe it or not, is our toothbrushes. Our toothbrushes should normally be replaced at least every 3 months, but if we come down with something, we should replace it then, right after we're not catching anymore,, so as not to reinfect ourselves." STRIKE ONE!

And since I've gotten back to work, I realized I didn't sanitize (I'm not a dirty filthy thang okay?) my work area. My keyboard, my phone (headpiece and keypad), and the picture of Brad Pitt I always kiss. *kidding* These harbor the germs and remain carriers. My stuff and I were carriers of the same bug that got me the second time! STRIKE TWO!

The same bug can even relapse from colonies that are able to stay in places like the back of our nasal passages in back of the uvula. I think I overcleaned myself with this mouthwash called Bactidol / (Hexetidine) from Pfeizer and virtually wiped out my friendly soldiers too. STRIKE THREE!

So yeah, I'm out.

I feel miserable and sullen all over again. And now, I SOUND LIKE A MAN!

So I learned my lesson, not that I want a next time... The best bet is:
1. Replace toothbrushes and other intimate hygiene paraphernalia that could harbor the bacteria.
2. After taking antibiotics, they said we might benefit from eating yogurt (or getting some lactobacillus from the pharmacy) to replace the friendly bacteria and balance. It could be that hubby's a carrier of the germs but is not sick, and is passing them to me who's more susceptible!
3. Boost our immune system!!! Garlic and honey...If you have a garlic press it is super easy to do. (Squirt a dab of honey onto a teaspoon, press the one garlic clove on top of the honey and then cover with another dab of honey. Then swallow it.) You can wash it down with water! But so use caution if you want to try this with children, their stomachs might not be able to handle it. You might want to consider Apple Cider Vinegar too. It has so many therapeutic properties. And by the way, have you heard of Apple Cider Vinegar-Garlic-Honey Combo Elixir? My grandmother's cousin, she's 80-ish now is still very well and in the pink of health *knock on wood*.
Here's the ACV-G-H Elixir Concoction in a nutshell:
Put the following in a blender...
1 cup apple cider vinegar, 1 cup raw honey, 8 cloves garlic
Mix on high speed for 60 seconds. Pour mixture into a glass container. Seal and leave in the refrigerator for five days. Normal dosage is two tsp. in a glass of water or fruit juice, grape or orange juice is best before breakfast.


I'm going to start doing more preventive measures from now on. I'm not going to be "stupid" enough to succumb to another bout with streptococci. Oh my Lordie!



Bookmark and Share
2 Responses
  1. bingkee Says:

    Wow...congrats on your new blog. Kala ko on the works pa...now it's up and running. BIlib talaga ako sa u, u have the time , patience and energy to write a lot and keep 2 blogs. I am having a hard time maintaining one.
    I hope u will get well soon..muah!


  2. my katiebug Says:

    ay, ano ba yan? sicky2 ka na naman? i really hope you get well soon, clarisse. tc and Godbless! happy good friday! :)


Post a Comment