~ "C"
I know, I know.

I've been doing a Harry Houdini in this site for long periods at a time. I've been busy busy busy and I'm really trying my best to slowdown after my doctor told me that I owe myself that! Yes, I have been compalining of chest pain, some back aches, sporadic stiff necks, heart palpitations, nightmares, shortness of breath -- only to be told upon close examination by the doctor that I'm a walking exemplar of stress. I'm not exaggerating.

There's always been something going on every minute of our lives, important people dying, some getting sick, financial high and lows, parties parties parties...trips here and there, guests coming. Sometimes I don't know how I come out of it in one piece. It seems like I've been lodged for some bizaare reason into a cardiac multi-tasking school where in my heart I knew I had to graduate top of the class. I even had plan plucking my eyebrows in between let's say scrubbing the toilet and sliding down the staircase railing to make sure the toast doesn't burn.

I've been saying this for a while. Maybe three years now. That hubby and I will put a stop to this crazy social calendar. But it's not working! For some reason, I just learned to live it rather than resist it. At least it leaves me feeling better.

Like in a few hours, I will be going out with hubby's family to celebrate their mom's birthday -- the one who just passed away. After that, we're going to a kiddie birthday though we're not really the stroller-pushing couple yet.. Then next week, a trip downsouth to visit my stepdaughter and watch her winterguard competition and see some of my relatives.

Then in November...the one I'm really looking forward to, I'm throwing a baby shower for my dear sister who's due in January! I still don't have concrete plans yet but I want her to have a blast! My cousins and I are already thinking of games and the food! I'm also thinking of the presents. Should I get her a baby jogger stroller because I know that she's going to be wanting to lose the tummy bulge, or one of those Tike Tech strollers that I see around in the malls and even airports now?

After that, a Christening party....then a 1st birthday....So tell me, how can I slow down? Knowing these things don't ever stop?
|
2 Responses
  1. Cindy Says:

    I was so stressed out at a job a couple of years ago that I literally couldn't keep food down and had all kinds of aches and pains. I had a colonoscopy for goodnessake only to figure out it was ALL STRESS. After I left that place I was magically better... I never knew stress could affect you that deeply and physically make you ill - not just nervous and "stressed out" but really, really ILL.

    I think it's all in your head... you don't slow down, per se, but you go with the flow and get to whatever you get to. Everyone else gets a phone call. I overload sometimes but I refuse to get sick over it... not worth it!

    Glad you're writing again!!!!! xoxoxox


  2. ~ "C" Says:

    Hi cindy! Thanks for your visit and your thoughts. I really appreciate it! I'm trying to get by every single day! Life is good, whatever gets thrown our way!


Post a Comment